Managed Services & Tech Support
Every now and then, when you’re facing IT issues, you’ll need to contact a service provider to get things fixed. This is called a fee-for-service method. In contrast, Heroes & Geeks’s managed IT services provides pro-active maintenance, meaning that we identify and fix problems before they cost you downtime. We basically look after every aspect of your IT, so you can focus on your business.
We put together this Frequently Asked Questions section for you to explore the benefits of Managed Services. If you have questions not listed here, or if you’re ready to talk about your IT plan, please contact us or call us: (213) 263-2488.
With Managed Services, a small business or home office user hires us to manage all IT operations for one fixed monthly rate so you can focus on running your business. This means no surprises or hidden costs. We get it: Running a business isn’t easy. We believe that small businesses should get excellent IT support despite smaller IT budgets.
1.Peace of mind. We discover and fix problems before they can negatively affect your business because we monitor all systems, 24/7/365. We protect your systems from viruses, hackers, spyware, and even disgruntled employees. You also won’t have to deal with unpredictable invoices for IT: with Managed Services, we keep IT costs stable and predictable.
2.Faster performance, fewer error messages, practically zero downtime. This is exactly what we deliver. Some parts of your system will degrade in performance over time, causing them to slow down, hang up, and crash. Under this plan we’ll make sure your network receives the critical maintenance it needs for maximum speed, performance, and reliability.
3.Focus on your business – not the technology, and/or technology vendors. We take care of your systems and suppliers. We manage all the contacting, procuring, on-boarding, so you don’t have to. We also provide you with the best, most strategic advice regarding how technology can affect your bottom line. Just like your best division heads do, we conduct a Quarterly Business Review where you receive a thorough status report, recommendations for planning and budgeting purposes, advice on vendor management and procurement, and other executive-level decisions. So you keep growing.
We'll give you TEN reasons why you should choose Heroes & Geeks's Managed Service plan:
1. Less computer downtime. Our proactive monitoring systems help us prevent the majority of issues before they become a problem for you. We aim for reliability and keep systems updated so there are very few disruptions to your company’s communication with your important customers/clients.
2. Faster response time. We’re a team of experts, no more waiting around for that one guy. We share robust documentation of our clients’ systems so anyone in the Help Desk team (and their supervisors) can hop on and solve any issues immediately. We answer your call live 24/7 – much longer than other companies out there. We’ve checked!
3. Efficient issue resolution. Because we resolve issues remotely, there’s no need to wait for a technician to arrive on-site. We serve clients all throughout Los Angeles and surrounding areas; also clients with multiple office locations. And if we determine the need to show up on site, we do!
4. Secure data; reliable data. If you’re like most of our clients, their data, and ability to store, access, and secure it, is of utmost importance. We ensure you have a solid backup and disaster recovery plan.
5. Better budget management. No billing surprises because we charge a fixed monthly fee. Managed Service is an all-you-can-eat structure. Whether you call on us 6 or 60 times, your bill is the same amount every month. Predictable and easy to manage.
6. Your goals are our goals. With “break-fix” or Time & Materials, you call on an IT vendor when something needs fixing (and it’s usually an expensive fix, not to mention downtime costs). It’s not a win-win scenario when the vendor gets paid only when something breaks. They are not motivated to keep things running. However, with the fixed fee structure, it’s in Heroes & Geeks’s best interest to proactively serve you (thus limiting the fixing).
7. Your own IT department at a fraction of the cost. For a 1/3 or 1/2 of the salary of a full time IT person, you get your own Help Desk team and CIO/CTO. You also receive Remote Monitoring 24/7, patch management, anti-virus, anti-spam, message archiving, and the rest of proactive maintenance and tools. We include all of this in Heroes & Geeks’s Managed Services – that otherwise would be out-of-pocket cost (in addition to that IT person).
8. We grow with you. Our President is your CTO, who will meet with you and review the business on a quarterly basis – and we also look ahead. We can structure your IT to suit you for 3, 6, to 12 months ahead. Whether you’re expanding, or moving, or shifting strategies, we can help.
9. Time and Energy to focus on your business. We are your IT department, we take care of all things IT. Vendor management, procurement, software updates, data security, industry compliance; everything.Our goal is to run your IT department so well that you don’t have to think about it, and relieve you to focus on running your business.
10. A team of great people. Our staff works with you to make technology something that works for you rather than against you. Our Help Desk team is hired on their ability to work with people, not just with the technology.
A typical Heroes & Geeks Managed Service client values one or more of the following things:
1. Reliable, secure data – so they want an infrastructure that safeguards against common threats as well as disasters
2. Employees’ time & productivity – so they want a highly skilled and highly responsive team of IT professionals to tackle issues and projects
3. Growth – so they view IT as a strategic investment that propels them towards growth and can scale with them
Most of our clients have experienced one or more of the following scenarios:
They have outgrown previous IT providers. The one-man-band IT support could no longer give the attentive, speedy service they require
They used to rely on a full-time employee who, because the company is growing, could no longer support IT in his/her spare time and need a professional team in place
They no longer wanted to manage the number of suppliers responsible for different parts of the IT system and need an expert opinion, a holistic perspective of enterprise technologies, and strategic partnerships with top-notch, trustworthy vendors
They grew tired of fluctuating, unpredictable IT expenses and prefer to control and reduce their overall operating cost
They moved away from break-fix as they grow to rely so much on their IT systems that they no longer want to risk having outages or breakages
What business owner doesn’t want to eliminate costly downtime, chronic problems, slowness, and other computer headaches? We solve this by proactively maintaining the health and security of their network with 24/7 monitoring and maintenance.
These clients have signed up for Heroes & Geeks’s Managed Service Plan because they know it is best for their business. They expect great response time and expertise; and what’s more, they rely on Heroes & Geeks to serve as an IT Department whose goals are aligned with their own.
We schedule a flat-rate monthly fee based on the number of full-time computer workers. This predictable set monthly fee gives you Proactive Technology Management (such as: 24/7 monitoring, software updates, anti-virus, on-site and off-site/cloud backups), Network Administration (such as: skilled system administrators, centralized reports and documentation), Reactive Support Services (Help Desk service, unlimited on-site & remote support, customer portal, and on-call after hours support), and Technology Consulting (Tech planning/budgeting, quarterly business reviews, vendor management/purchasing).
It is designed to be comprehensive coverage – as if you have your own IT department – for the fraction of the cost.
With a traditional, “break-fix” or Time & Materials IT agreement, you pay for service as emergencies arise. You wait until the server, or a desktop, or a networking function fails; then you call someone who will charge you for that particular fix. For some businesses, this is a good enough standard procedure. For many other businesses, this is cause for alarm. You may think you’re saving money, but when something goes wrong, it’s usually an expensive fix. The downtime costs you productivity time as you wait for the fix. Also, consider the flawed premise: the computer support company only gets paid if something breaks. If they do too good of a job, they’re out of a job. There is no incentive for them to prevent more outages or breakage from happening. Their goals are not aligned with your goals. In a Managed Service structure, it is in our best interest that very few problems occur, if at all.
This is why Managed Services deals have been the preference for companies who value data and employee productivity.
Additionally, budgeting for your IT becomes really easy as it’s a flat number every month, no matter what happens.
A Managed Service Plan focuses on prevention of these issues before they disrupt employees or clients. This relationship structure allows us to truly be your IT Department – we are motivated to keep your business running, improve productivity, and plan for your growth.
In addition, Heroes & Geeks offers technology consulting to our Managed Service clients. We realize that while daily IT support is paramount to keep business running, we can enhance and support strategic planning as well. We are passionate about making technology a crucial pillar of growth for small businesses. We meet with our clients’ leadership to make sure strategic decisions regarding IT align with their company growth plan.
When you consider the real cost of downtime, emergency fixes, or not-right-the-first-time fixes, we can offer better service without charging more. Because we employ remote monitoring, remote maintenance and prevent major issues, Heroes & Geeks can be more efficient (and faster!) than a similar break-fix company. Now, a monthly bill wasn't exactly what you were looking for. We get it.
But consider this. We perform the responsibility of an entire IT department at the fraction of the cost. It aligns our goals with your goals; it does us all good when things don’t break. Managed Services is a win-win for your business and IT providers because we strive to eliminate problems before they occur, manage IT budgets better, and create a true, beneficial partnership to keep you focused on running your business. It also sets your IT cost on a predictable level – there is little to no fluctuation with this all-you-can-eat set up.
For some businesses, a break-fix system is enough. They may have the time and energy to put out every single fire. But for some who decide that strong technology infrastructure and good maintenance can secure data, improve employee performance, and support business growth, Heroes & Geeks’s Managed Services Plan is the way forward.