The new iPhone 5S is the latest model of apple and the iphone craze is still strong. Just a few days ago people in Tokyo waited outside in a wild wet storm at an apple store waiting for the doors to open to be the first ones to buy it. Known widely for the speed and security applications, there are plenty cool features, enhancements and improvisations in the phone to keep it ahead of its competitors. And if you want to show off to your friends and be one of the first people to use the latest gadget, than have a look at the most interesting upgrades and cool features coming with the phone.
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor – It is one of the coolest features of the phone allows you to unlock the gadget with just a touch of a finger instead of entering the PIN. You are free to make purchases through iTunes with no more resubmitting your password , all you need is just your fingerprint to download an application. Considering the security in mind, the fingerprints don’t store on its servers or saved through iCloud. Instead an encrypted version will be there on the A7 chip on the phone.
- A7 chip – The great A7 chip makes the handset the first and only 64 bit smartphone available in the world at present and Apple assured that the chip will help and provide the graphics and CPU performance twice as fast as compared to A6 chip in iPhone 5 that will create a huge difference on the gaming front.
- Upgraded Camera – Giving a nice boost to the camera, Apple iPhone 5S upgraded one has a 15% bugger sensor, f/2.2 aperture and bigger pixels that measure 1.5 microns along with the availability of some of bells and whistles that the user can notice within the camera and the ability to videotape in slow motion.
- Midas touch – This time, iPhone 5S is available in an amazingly brand new gold version and subdued space gray which are very trendy colors
- Open and Shut – Graphics play a significant role and the phone doesn’t frugal that either. Supporting OpenGL ES version 3.0 application programming interface has been drawing and rendering Macs graphics since the PowerPC days.
- Flash Forward – It is one of the stylish and coolest features that new iPhone 5S is available with a dual true tone flash in which a white LED and an amber LED are there to adjust the light intensity as well as color temperature on the fly making use of more than 1000 combinations to get the right light. In addition, the feature auto image stabilization automatically helps to lower down noise and motion.
- Fair Usage – Though iPhone 5S is having slightly a bigger size battery and one can easily think of all that graphics and processing power to neutralize and balance the benefits. But this is not true at all. Apple iPhone 5S has managed to provide a fair usage including 10 hours of internet use, video playback and talk time of up to 8 hours along with an extra 25 hours of standby time.
- Fast and Furious – With iPhone 5S, now people can enjoy the best possible speeds wherever they are roaming and touring across the world due to increased number of LTE bands.
These features make this phone more tech savvy than some computer desktops that people own. When phone companies create more smartphones that are tech heavy and easy to use, than in the future, people will use their phones for all their computing needs, making the computer almost obsolete.
Stay tech savvy, my friends…
On my last post i explained on Should I Upgrade to the iPhone 5C or 5S and this post i am going to explain about the Apple iPhone 5S vs Samsung Galaxy S4.
Apple’s iPhone 5S is one of the latest and in-demand phones and who else can stand against it other than Samsung Galaxy S4. Though launched and introduced in the market just few months back, but it is a fantabulous phones and might be one of the few smart phones able to compete with the iPhone 5s in sales. There are many factors to consider while picking and selecting one of them.
- Asthetics – The iPhone 5S has a superior quality metal build and is one of the best looking handsets on this planet. On the other hand, Galaxy S4 is bigger in size and is not going to impress any one at first glance with its plastic looks.
- Display – The iPhone 5S has been equipped by 1136 x 640 retina display with a 326 pixels per inch pixel density making the phone a good option for a real wide screen experience. Whereas Samsung S4 has a greater size and resolution capacity of 1080 x 1920 display, 5 inch screen and a pixel density of 441 pixels per inch making it more preferable option for display.
- Power – Samsung Galaxy S4 is using a 1.9 GHz quad core processor integrated with 2GB RAM making it extremely powerful and fast. On ta different note, iPhone 5S is incorporated with a 64 bit A7 processor supposedly twice as fast as iPhone 5 with 32 bit A6 processor. Without clear stats on iPhone it would not be good to assume which one is better but these two models are for sure the top tier leads in today’s techie world.
- Camera – Apple iPhone 5s has an 8 mega pixel camera integrated with dual LED flash quite improvised and enhanced as compared to iPhone and all thanks to its true zone feature and a bigger active sensor area that brings upon more natural and real colors in pictures. There is a 1.2 mega pixel front facing camera and could shoot at 1080p video at 30fps and slow down at 120fps easily. Unlikely to this, galaxy S4 has a single LED flash with 13 mega pixel camera integrated with varied scene modes like sound and shot letting one to record few seconds of audio with an image and with an extra dimension. There is a 2 mega pixel front facing camera in it. Though both the phones have good quality cameras but still a slight edge is towards Galaxy S4 as it has subsequently more mega pixels.
- Memory, battery life and connectivity – On one hand, iPhone 5S has 1434 mAh battery that could manage 250 hours of standby time and up to 10 hours of talk time, available in 16, 32 and 64GB size with no micro SD card supporting Bluetooth 4.0, 4G LTE, 3G and Wi-Fi. On the other hand, galaxy S4 has 2600 mAh battery able to provide 370 hours of standby time, 17 hours of talk time, available in 16, 32 and 64 GB varieties with a micro SD card slot and supporting all mentioned connectivity options above in iPhone along with infrared and NFC.
In the end, picking the better choice completely depends on you . iPhone 5S would be perfect for those who demand better quality builds, good performance and easier to use with one hand. But if bigger is the better option for you, with good quality camera and battery life, Galaxy S4 is the choice to go for.
Stay tech savvy, my friends.
Two new iPhones have been introduced this month and one of the toughest decisions to make is whether to upgrade it to the latest one or not. If money is not an issue, it won’t be a major concern. If you are due for an upgrade, it will come down to whether or not the new features have compelled you enough to shell out the money. Read further to get an idea of the new features the two phones offer before upgrading to iPhone 5S or 5C. Since its launch in 2007, Apple iPhone has improved drastically in last few years adding bigger displays, higher density, faster Wi-Fi connection and cellular networking, better cameras and new characteristics such as Touch ID. Mentioned below are few of the parameters which you can cross check with your existing model and finally make a decision about the quality of the upgrades.
- Screen Size – The iPhone 4, 4S and 3GS have smaller 3.5 inch screens, while the new iphones have upgraded to the standard 4” screens which creates a better experience with all the new applications.
- LTE – iPhone 4 or 3GS tops out HSPA 7.2 mbps and cannot access the faster HSPA or LTE 100+ mbps networks that will leave you all stuck on dial up in progressively broadband world. iPhone 5C or 5S support a much better and larger range of LTE bands as compared to iPhone 5. The lightning connectivity is the best feature these two phones offer.
- Affordable– The 5C is so far the cheapest iphone available on the market at $99 with Apple contract.
- Added color to your life– iPhone 5C or 5S comes in bright and polycarbonate colors including green, blue, pink, yellow, white and green and for the 5S new gold and space gray.
- Touch ID – Only new iPhone 5S has the touch ID fingerprint authentication system. This means your phone can only unlock or authenticate iTunes purchases with your finger print touch, which adds another layer of safety and protection, if your phone happens to get lost or stolen.
If you have iPhone 4 or 4S – If you are still hanging onto the older iPhones 4 or 4S, the advantages are very clear like bigger screens, lighter design, faster and quicker processor, and LTE connectivity. If you wish the most of mobile app experience, screen size, processor performance and lighter design and interface, you will get on board but LTE connectivity needs to be upgraded. It will be simply like turning from standard to high definition making a huge difference. Well, if you want to add a little color and life in your experience, 5C is a better option to go for but if you want the latest model including 64 bit processor and fingerprint scanner, then definitely 5S is the way to go.
If you have iPhone 5 – Well for existing iPhone 5 users, do any of the new features of 5S or 5C attract you or warrant an upgrade? There are few notable and important upgrades between 5 and 5S, comprising of improved camera, prompter processor and fingerprint scanner. Although, do you think these features are revolutionary enough to pay the big bucks and upgrade your iPhone 5 to 5S, might be a yes for tech geeks and enthusiasts but still it would be recommended to fine tune and stick with iPhone 5 itself.
Stay tech savvy, my friends