On my last post i explained on Should I Upgrade to the iPhone 5C or 5S and this post i am going to explain about the Apple iPhone 5S vs Samsung Galaxy S4.
Apple’s iPhone 5S is one of the latest and in-demand phones and who else can stand against it other than Samsung Galaxy S4. Though launched and introduced in the market just few months back, but it is a fantabulous phones and might be one of the few smart phones able to compete with the iPhone 5s in sales. There are many factors to consider while picking and selecting one of them.
- Asthetics – The iPhone 5S has a superior quality metal build and is one of the best looking handsets on this planet. On the other hand, Galaxy S4 is bigger in size and is not going to impress any one at first glance with its plastic looks.
- Display – The iPhone 5S has been equipped by 1136 x 640 retina display with a 326 pixels per inch pixel density making the phone a good option for a real wide screen experience. Whereas Samsung S4 has a greater size and resolution capacity of 1080 x 1920 display, 5 inch screen and a pixel density of 441 pixels per inch making it more preferable option for display.
- Power – Samsung Galaxy S4 is using a 1.9 GHz quad core processor integrated with 2GB RAM making it extremely powerful and fast. On ta different note, iPhone 5S is incorporated with a 64 bit A7 processor supposedly twice as fast as iPhone 5 with 32 bit A6 processor. Without clear stats on iPhone it would not be good to assume which one is better but these two models are for sure the top tier leads in today’s techie world.
- Camera – Apple iPhone 5s has an 8 mega pixel camera integrated with dual LED flash quite improvised and enhanced as compared to iPhone and all thanks to its true zone feature and a bigger active sensor area that brings upon more natural and real colors in pictures. There is a 1.2 mega pixel front facing camera and could shoot at 1080p video at 30fps and slow down at 120fps easily. Unlikely to this, galaxy S4 has a single LED flash with 13 mega pixel camera integrated with varied scene modes like sound and shot letting one to record few seconds of audio with an image and with an extra dimension. There is a 2 mega pixel front facing camera in it. Though both the phones have good quality cameras but still a slight edge is towards Galaxy S4 as it has subsequently more mega pixels.
- Memory, battery life and connectivity – On one hand, iPhone 5S has 1434 mAh battery that could manage 250 hours of standby time and up to 10 hours of talk time, available in 16, 32 and 64GB size with no micro SD card supporting Bluetooth 4.0, 4G LTE, 3G and Wi-Fi. On the other hand, galaxy S4 has 2600 mAh battery able to provide 370 hours of standby time, 17 hours of talk time, available in 16, 32 and 64 GB varieties with a micro SD card slot and supporting all mentioned connectivity options above in iPhone along with infrared and NFC.
In the end, picking the better choice completely depends on you . iPhone 5S would be perfect for those who demand better quality builds, good performance and easier to use with one hand. But if bigger is the better option for you, with good quality camera and battery life, Galaxy S4 is the choice to go for.
Stay tech savvy, my friends.