Slow computers are a pain to work with and with modern technology you don’t have to. There are many reasons why a computer slows down, if its due to old age than most likely it is time to replace your computer because technology changes fast and drastically and old computer parts don’t tend to be compatible with new computer parts. If the slowness is due to regular use, than you can easily fix it and get your computer running like new again.
Before trying out these tips to speed up your computer, it’s important to save all your opened files and close any programs you are running. This will protect you from losing any data. It also helps to have your windows operating system as well as anti virus protection updated .You can update OS once in a while by going to start button, then click on control panel and then click on system and security to update your computer.
Follow these few tips to transform your computer’s speed from the tortoise to the hare.
- Download all the latest Windows updates, hotfixes and Service Packs-they help your computer to run better.
- Remove resource hogs: Uninstall unused programs: Start button->Control Panel->uninstall programs-look for programs you don’t recognize or no longer use and uninstall them.
- Viruses/spyware/malware- If your computer is infected with these destructive software than you want to remove them as soon as you can, they incredibly slow down your computer. This will free up space on your hard drive and RAM and improve speed.
- Don’t run unnecessary programs at start-up: this will speed up startup time.
- Remove drivers you don’t use anymore in device manager.
- Switch to a faster Operating system-such as Windows 7, Mac, and Linux
- Free up your computer’s memory by deleting temporary files stored on your computer from sites you have visited. Go to my computer-> right click on c drive->click Properties then select disk cleanup.
Your computer is supposed to work for you and not slow you down. When you have a slow computer and the above tips don’t alleviate the slowness, and then take your computer to a computer repair shop such as Heroes and Geeks in Los Angeles to have a computer tech examine it. If the above mentioned tips don’t help fix it, you might be in need of an upgrade to improve the performance and speed.
Stay tech savvy, my friends