Not all computer problems are created equal. Some are quick and easy fixes while others are grueling and technical. When you come across a computer problem, it can be a frustrating experience. This is because most of the time there are no warning signs that your computer is failing on you. Also computer problems seem to happen at a time when you are in the most need of your computer.
The most common computer problems that people face and can be fixed easily by the user are:
- Computer doesn’t power on: This could simply be due to a poor power source. If you’ve experienced your computer suddenly shutting down or not turning on, you could have had a power fail, just find a different power source.
- OS or software stops responding: This can be due to a virus infection, so simply restart your computer and run a virus scan.
- Computers freeze in action: When this happens, you have to hold the power button down until the computer turns off, than wait a few seconds and turn it back on. This is a warning sign that means you could be running out of RAM space or there could be a possible virus, which than you should clean up your computer as soon as it turns back on.
- Input-Output devices not operating: When you start typing but the words are not registering on the computer screen, this can happen if your computer is not connected to your keyboard. You can unplug and replug the keyboard cord into your computer and restart the computer.
Below are common computer problems that a tech can repair at an affordable price:
- Computers speed is a snails pace: This is due to not cleaning up the clutter your computer collects with regular use. Your computer has a limited amount of memory space, when it’s at its full capacity it has to process more to get past the clutter and follow the demand. A computer tech will use a computer cleanup software to remove unnecessary files and programs to create space.
- Hard Drive failures- issues with hard drives are usually related to mechanical problems such as SBS(shaken baby syndrome), when you are too aggressive with your computer while shifting it around, you could have possibly loosened it from its connecting port. Also an electrical surge could have shocked it causing it to fail. If the hard drive needs to be replaced than this can cause this service to be costly.
- Malware attacks: When you have malicious software on your computer, it needs to be removed right away before it damages your important data, a tech can easily remove these viruses with a virus removal software.
- Network Connection issues: This problem is common and the cause varies. It can be due routers not being connected to the power source, or the information on the modem not matching up with information on the computer, or even the firewall blocking connection.
Some of the above computer problems can be easily fixed by the user, while other common issues you will need to seek the guidance of a computer geek. Heroes and Geeks computer repair services in Los Angeles offers affordable pricing for these common computer problems.
To get the computer repaired faster, it helps if you inform the tech what exactly you were doing before the computer failed on you. This can help the tech diagnose the problem and result in a better way of fixing it. Computer problems don’t have to be a frustrating experience, they’re just machines that can easily be fixed. If you pay attention to the common problems that occur, you can save yourself some time and money, next time it happens again.
Stay tech savvy, my friends