Whether you are a business owner or a student or a professional, the likely chances are there that you rely much on your laptop. It is very much important to know of the ways through which you can actually extend your laptop battery life. The research depicts that an average laptop battery life lasts in between 1 to 6 hours after full charging. Do read on the following tips in case your laptop battery life is falling short of that.
• Adjust the battery settings – With time, laptop batteries get weak and most of the manufacturers have battery performance settings. By going through these settings, there are options available through which you can minimize the power required for your laptop to perform peculiar functions. Just for an example, Mac users, options like Energy Saver Window is available to adjust performance preferences. Similarly, for Windows users, there is an option of battery performance slider to manage that. By doing this, it could really save a considerable time span for battery life.
• Assess the applications – Likewise mobiles, laptops also run applications in the background. With many applications running continually in the background, the unnecessary power out of your laptop might be expending. The best way to stop it is to first go through all the downloaded applications of your laptop, and if you find any one of them then either, turn it off for the time you are not using or delete it.
• Disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi – If you are not actively using the web browser, do consider shutting Wi-Fi off of your laptop. If you are working on some thesis or doing any activity on laptop that doesn’t require Wi-Fi then this pointer could really aid in saving much power. Similarly, Bluetooth could be another factor that is wasting your laptop’s battery life unnecessarily. If the activity you are doing doesn’t require any Bluetooth connection, simply turn it off. It indeed will save battery life. To quickly disable both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on a temporary basis, you can also turn on the “Airplane” mode.
• The brightness of your laptop – In most of the laptops, there is an option to dim out the brightness on the screen as well as keyboard. If you are working in a brighter area, do dim out the light and intensity of your laptop. It will save not only your battery power of the laptop but also will not hurt your eyes.
• Purchase a spare battery – It is always handy to have a spare battery with you as you will never know when it will be required. Do buy the spares from the manufacturers or reliable sources only. Many a times, even manufacturers sell spares with higher capacity range, distinct from the originals installed in your system. So, make sure to buy the spare battery as per the specifications of your laptop.
If you already followed all the tips and still is facing any concern with your laptop performance or battery life, this could be a sign that there is some other severe problem. To look for the solution with your laptop repair, wireless networking, remote support, network support, troubleshooting and computer repair services, feel free to contact Heroes and Geeks. It is one stop and reliable platform serving laptop repair and services in Los Angeles and surrounding areas from years.